We can assist with:
- Retail, commercial or industrial leases
- Large shopping centre lease such as ISPT or Westfield
- Fit out deeds
- Agreement for lease
- Incentive deed
- Assignment of lease
- Licence agreements
- Surrender of lease
- Market rent disputes
- Option leases
- Assignment of lease
Ensuring your business is secured by a lease is one of the most important decisions you make when you take that step of securing business premises.
Get the right commercial and legal advice on your lease
Time and time again, we see clients who do not get the right advice from the start and are then faced with dilemmas during the lease term such as their lease coming to an end or ongoing major rent increases. As the location of your business is important, avoid expensive relocation and make sure you get the right advice on your lease. The sooner we see you, the more security we can provide for you in your lease and the more money we can save you. We provide you with both commercial and legal advice on your lease and we cannot stress enough that the sooner in the negotiation process you see us the more security and financial benefits we can achieve for you.
Your lease is also important in securing a purchaser for your business in the future – if you do not have the right lease terms or you do not have the right term left in your lease you may not have a business to sell.
Landlords who do not obtain the right advice on their leases may effect their lending capabilities or sale of property in the future as the financiers and prospective buyers take into account the lease on the property and their terms.
Landlords normally have real estate agents representing them during lease negotiations who are experienced in the lease negotiation process, who do you have?
We have been able to save money and long term stability of our clients when they see us at the early stages of the negotiations. This way, we provide them with a lot more security for their business. Just imagine that you don’t get advice, tenants normally learn the hard way and get advice when something goes wrong. By that stage it is too late, the landlord has made you leave the premises due to the lease coming to an end, you have to relocate, change all marketing material which will cost you thousands of dollars (if not more) and is a huge inconvenience. You have probably lost even more in terms of goodwill in your business. Why be another statistic? Call us today and make sure you have the right advice, it is not as expensive as you think.
We also estimate fees for our leasing services so that you are aware of the costs before we are instructed to proceed.
Typically, our fees are as follows:
- Standard Law Society or Real Estate Institute lease (with no additional conditions) less than 3 year term – review and advice only $700 plus GST. If changes are required to the lease then the cost will be around $900 plus GST based on 1 hour of negoiation.
- Retail lease – more than 3 year term or retail lease with additional conditions – between $1,200 and $1,500 plus GST. This includes review, advice, negotiating changes to the lease (up to 2 hours of negotiation time), finalising and attending to signing of the lease.
- Commercial lease – Between $1,500 and $1,800 plus GST. This includes review, advice, negotiating changes to the lease (up to 3 hours of negotiation time), finalising and attending to signing of the lease.
- Standard Law Society or Real Estate Institute lease (standard terms) less than 3 year term – preparation , negotiation (up to 1 hour), finalisation and registration $650 plus GST.
- Retail lease over 3 years with standard terms – preparation, negotiation (up to 2 hours of negotiation time), finalising and attending to registration around $1,200 plus GST.
- To act on behalf of a Landlord from start to completion of a retail lease and commercial lease which do not have the simple standard terms and longer than a 3 year term – preparation, negotiation (up to 3 hours of negotiation time), finalising and attending to registration – $1,400 plus GST.
Our estimated fees above are typical. Please contact our office for a fixed quote. Our fee does not include disbursements. Disbursements are not our fees. Typically for a lease, disbursements may include company searches (if the tenant or landlord is a company), title search of the property, agency fees for lodging lease for registration, and any other money we spend on your behalf. Generally disbursements in a leasing matter is between $100 – $200.
If there are other documents in addition to the lease document or the lease includes any additional arrangements such as incentive deeds, fit out deeds, agreement for lease, licence agreements, surrender of lease then the situation warrants payment of additional fees. Please contact our office to obtain a quote.
Caputo Lawyers think commercially and act quickly. We work well with leasing and managing agents to assist you to achieve the best commercial result for you or your business.
Let us assist you with your life-changing decisions today. Find out more about our competitive fees by phoning (02) 9555 1350 or you can contact us here today.